Many customers prefer to utilize their own insurance, as long as that insurance meets the following guidelines and coverages for Mandatory Insurance the State of Alaska requires: Alaska Statute 28.22.101.
Bodily injury and property damage liability coverage at a minimum amount of $50,000 / $100,000 for bodily injury or death; $25,000 for property damage
Alaska 4×4 Rentals offers several options and levels of waivers and insurances for customers when renting our vehicles. These options can be purchased at our rental counter when the vehicle is being picked up:
- Collision / Damage Waiver – Alaska 4×4 Rentals agrees to waive certain damages and property loss claims against renter if one of the following Waiver coverages are purchased: *
- Standard CDW – $25 per day – $2,000 deductible – Renter is covered for damage / replacement cost for up to the value of the entire vehicle, less the $2,000 deductible
- VIP CDW – $40 per day – $500 deductible – Renter is covered for damage / replacement cost for up to the value of the entire vehicle, less the $500 deductible
- Windshield Damage Waiver – Alaska 4×4 Rentals agrees to waive certain windshield damage claims against lessee, which are provide for below, in consideration of $15 per day added to the rental.
- Supplemental 3rd Party Liability Insurance – For renters interested in purchasing a third party policy to cover and protect against third party bodily injury, death or property damage caused by an accident while renting our vehicle. *
- SLI – $13.20 per day – coverage of up to $1 million in supplemental liability coverage
- Personal Accident/Personal Property Coverage – PAC/PPC policy provides renters and renter’s passengers with coverage of accidental death, accident medical expenses and ambulance expense. Additionally, the renter’s personal property is covered against damage or loss. *
- Personal Accident / Personal Property Coverage – $7.70 per day – SUVs and Trucks
- Personal Accident / Personal Property Coverage – $14.30 per day – 12 passenger or 15 passenger Vans
* Some restrictions apply