Located in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough, Talkeetna is part of the Anchorage metropolitan region. Perhaps most well-known for its small town “Hippy” vibe, the area boasts a variety of activities for travelers, families, and solo explorers during the Alaskan summer months.
If you’re going on an Alaskan adventure this summer, consider these top 6 attractions when visiting the charming community of Talkeetna:
- Aurora Dora: Don’t miss this one-of-a-kind Northern Lights Art Gallery, designed specifically to provide visitors with Aurora Borealis keepsakes. Travelers cherish their conversations with the Native Alaskan manager Dora.
- Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks: If you’re up for more of an adventurous stay in Talkeetna, take advantage of the multiple zipline course options for observing the beautiful valley at a bird’s eye view.
- Air Tours: If you’d rather be up in a plane than on a zipline, Talkeetna has multiple airline touring companies that will gladly fly you around the surrounding area’s most breathtaking views. This may be your chance to get close to the highest peak in the Western hemisphere, Denali.
- Talkeetna Historical Society Museum: For the conscientious traveler, the Talkeetna Historical Society Museum is a great place to spend the afternoon learning about the community’s rich and unique history.
- Nagley’s Store: Who doesn’t want to check out a quintessential northern general store with products that are not obtainable anywhere else in the world? Nagley’s Store has come to earn a reputation as a cherished shopping destination for every Talkeetna explorer.
- Byers Lake: At the end of your trip, be sure to stop by Byers Lake for breathtaking views and photograph opportunities. Don’t miss the sun rising and setting over the lake’s horizon.
As always, explore Talkeetna from one of our Jeep or 4X4 rentals for your authentic Alaskan experience.